Get ready for game day! Lauren Grier from攀登山格里尔is sharing this slow cooker chicken fajita subs recipe, featuring zesty queso made withPepper and Onion Relish。
Are you getting excited? I can hardly contain my excitement for game day! Truth: my enthusiasm for one the of the world’s largest sporting events has nothing to do with the actual physical game of football. Don’t judge. I get more excited for the food and, of course, T.V. commercials. I love this time of year, because when else do you get a giant spread of your favorite comfort foods all at once? I’m talking about little smokies, giant subs, dips, dips, and more dips. Oh, and you can’t forget about the翅膀
! Simply put, there’s nothing better than football game snacks.
A mixture of tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, vinegar, and jalapeños, this versatile relish adds a sweet yet subtle spice flavor to the chicken and queso. So, stuff your subs, pile on the queso, and watch these subs score a winning touchdown!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Recipe with Pepper & Onion Relish Queso
Serves 6 Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 4 hours
For the queso
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- Red pepper (1), sliced thinly
- 橙色的体育pper (1), sliced thinly
- 2 lbs chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1 package fajita seasoning
- 1 14.5oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2汤匙Harry & David Pepper and Onion relish
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Jalapeños, for garnish
- Pico de gallo, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 2汤匙Harry & David Pepper and Onion Relish+ more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the queso
- Add the water to the slow cooker. Cook the fajitas on high for four hours or on low for eight hours.
To assemble the subs:
- Gradually pour in the milk and continue to stir until slightly thickened; about five minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in cheese, pepper & onion relish, salt, and pepper.
- Take a sub and place some of the fajitas into the sub.
- Next, top the sub with queso relish and garnish with desired toppings. Repeat until all subs have been assembled.