There's no better way to celebrate ladies night than with a bottle of wine and some tasty snacks.Lauren,fromClimbing Grier Mountain,shows us how to put together the perfect wine tasting party with Harry & David wines and gourmet appetizers.So,go ahead and call a few friends over,open a bottle,and unwind!!
Wine,cheese,and catching up with friends.What more could a girl want??
How about having all three of those things in the comfort of your own home?Hosting friends offers an opportunity to connect and catch up.Everyone is either running to the next event or family activity and rarely do we have time to sit and just be.
One of the best ways to gather the gaggle and connect is to host a Wine Tasting Party!Now,I am a firm believer that simplicity is key when it comes to providing food and drink.That's why Harry & David makes entertaining a breeze.
I decided to order theirAntipasto Wine Pairing Collection Gift Box.It's the perfect collection of Southern Oregon wine,artisanal cheeses,and assortment of ingredients to make a quick appetizer like premium salami,French baguette,and olives.Think of it as an instant wine tasting party in a box!!
The first thing I do when I have friends over is make sure everyone has something to nibble on.I decided to make these Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini withHarry & David Sweet Cherry Pepper Bruschetta Spread.You can make the whipped goat cheese ahead of time and then simply add the sweet cherry peppers on top when you are ready to serve.I adore this bruschetta spread because it's a versatile topping!Use it on chicken or as a soup starter.Seriously,so delish!!Scroll down for full recipe.
Next,set out your pairings.Place each cheese – gruyere,blue cheese,and cheddar on a sampling plate along with a few crackers and other palate clearing fare.Then place a few wine glasses beside the plate for tasting.In theAntipasto Wine Pairing Collection Gift Boxyou will receive three Southern Oregon wine varietals.
Cheese Pairings for a Wine Tasting Party
This chardonnay is aged in a stainless steel and French oak.With notes of honey and melon it pairs beautifully with Gruyère cheese.
This bold varietal is aged in French and American oak.Fruity,yet has a smooth full-bodied taste with some spice.The blue cheese is a wonderful companion to this wine.
This lush blend is very approachable.With hints of vanilla,subtle spice,and cedar notes this wine pairs well with cheddar.
Let the wine and cheese pairing begin!Sip,nibble and chat away as you move down the list.Ask your friends which pairing is their favorite and enjoy being in the moment!Cheers!!
Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini with Sweet Cherry Peppers
Makes 16 crostini
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 8 oz plain goat cheese,room temperature
- 2 oz plain cream cheese,room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves,roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cupHarry & David Sweet Cherry Pepper Bruschetta Spread
- Fresh chopped basil,for garnish
- 16 crostini,toasted
- In a food processor place the goat cheese,cream cheese,garlic,red pepper flakes,lemon zest,lemon juice,thyme,salt and pepper.Pulse to combine adding olive oil as needed until you have a smooth consistency.
- Next,spread some of the whipped goat cheese onto each crostini.Take some of the Harry & David Sweet Cherry Pepper Bruschetta Spread and place a dollop on top of the whipped goat cheese followed by the fresh basil.
- Repeat until all the crostini has been assembled.Enjoy!!