Fall cocktails are my jam.
As a bourbon-lover,I am always looking for different ways to incorporate this spirit into festive libations.One of my favorite ways to enjoy bourbon during the autumn months is with apples.Whether through a bourbon apple sangria,bourbon apple martini,or a bourbon apple old fashioned,there's no wrong way to enjoy this flavor combo.
BUT!I will say I recently stumbled on a different way of using apples in a bourbon cocktail.Have you ever tried apple butter?While an apple butter cocktail might sound unique,I assure you it's a game changer!I particularly likeHarry & David's apple butterbecause it's made with fresh apples from their orchards.With a mixture of brown sugar and pumpkin pie spices,it's the perfect alternative to using simple syrups.
In this Apple Butter Cocktail — Bourbon Mule-style — you'll find apple cider,bourbon,lime juice,apple butter,and ginger beer.The taste is similar to a traditional Moscow Mule,but with the apple butter it gives the drink a slightly spicy,yet sweet blend.Shake,shimmy,and stir your way into autumn bliss!Cheers!!
Apple Butter Cocktail – A Bourbon Mule
Makes 2 drinks
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 2 tbspapple butter
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 12 ounces ginger beer
- Cinnamon sticks,for garnish
- Lime wedges,for garnish
- Apple slices,for garnish
- In a large cocktail shaker add the apple cider,,apple butter,bourbon,and lime juice.
- Shake until everything is well combined.
- Fill two glasses with ice.Divide the apple butter mixture between two glasses filling halfway.
- Next,pour the ginger beer in each glass to the rim.Garnish with cinnamon sticks,lime wedges,and apple slices.